Planning a trip to Dahab? Here’s 5 things you don’t want to miss out on! Dahab (Arabic for ‘gold’) is a town in the South Sinai desert. It’s a popular holiday destination for divers, wind surfers and kite surfers. But despite the many natural and cultural attractions, the town has managed to maintain its small scale and relaxed character. A great atmosphere, dusty little roads, bedouin kids playing barefoot in the street, goats and camels wandering around… this is Dahab. The natural environment is amazing, with the impressive mountains on one side and the clear blue sea on the other.
There’s a lot to do and see in Dahab, but if you’re only there for a short time these are the 5 things that you really have to experience.
1) Discover the amazing underwater world during a dive or a snorkel session
2) Accept a bedouin family’s invitation to come for tea
3) Go to Wadi Gnai for a relaxing day of swimming, sunbathing, snorkelling or diving
4) Go on a camel safari and sleep under the stars with the bedouins at Ras Abu Galum
5) Eat falafel with the locals at YumYum Falafel in Mashraba